for Religious Humanism
The Center for Religious Humanism, home of Image Journal and the Glen Workshop, seeks an Executive Director to bring significant organizational,
management, and development capacity to the organization, leveraging the
excellence of current leadership and staff to increase the
effectiveness of existing relationships and projects, while pursuing new
initiatives especially via collaboration and partnership.
should use this form to submit a resume and cover
letter detailing past engagement and future vision for creative cultural
Read the position announcement here.
Questions should be directed to our search committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Competencies of the Executive
- Familiarity with and a passion for the intersection of
art, faith, and culture
- Strategic planning and vision-casting
- Development planning and communication, with a proven
track record in fundraising
- Organizational management, especially in the
- Collaborative, creative leadership style
Responsibilities of the Executive
- Leads ongoing strategic planning process with
staff and Board of Directors.
- Assesses organizational structure, branding,
and communication for the Center’s current content and programming.
- Seeks out and cultivates new channels for institutional
- Participates in program content planning
- Articulates the Center’s mission and
vision in both secular and faith-based arts and culture communities.
- Designs and executes a comprehensive
development plan, including cultivation of major donors, expansion of
small-donor base, and pursuit of foundation and other grants.
- Oversees and guides staff and strategic
supporters in development communication.
- Cares for existing relationships between
the Center and other institutional partners.
- Manages editorial and program staff by
establishing priorities, equipping and motivating them for primary tasks, and
assessing performance on an annual basis.
- Oversees financial reporting, sets budgets,
and ensures reliable forecasting of contributed and earned revenue.
- Collaborates with Editor to align and
leverage Image editorial content and
other program initiatives of the Center.
- Oversees both logistical and creative aspects
(recruiting faculty, defining program themes, etc.) for Glen Workshops and
other live events.
- Reports to and holds a full voting seat on
the Board of Directors, working closely with Board committees as needed.
- Oversees editorial and program staff, with
primary attention given to development and finances, non-journal content and
programming, and digital communications.